In downtown Savannah GA, The Thunderbird Inn — the hippest among Savannah GA motels — is where fun people stay!
• USA Today named The Thunderbird Inn among “10 Best Retro Hotels in the USA” (July 2014)!
• Nostalgics, geeks, art creatives, pop culture friends, and international travelers adore the fun retro décor, friendly staff, and just-groovy-enough Savannah vibe.
• TBird Inn is steps away from the NEW Greyhound Bus terminal and downtown Savannah Bike Share – close enough to read Tbird’s biggest-neon-sign-in-the-county “at the intersection of Yes M’am and Dude!” ™
Affordable lodging deals also save Savannah travel budgets!
• Frugal lodging rates — guaranteed the lowest among downtown Savannah GA motels — is from $59/night (double occupancy).
• Seal the deal at the “hippest hotel in Savannah”™ — The Thunderbird Inn in downtown Savannah, GA USA!
• Questions? Call the inn directly 912-232-2661 or Toll Free USA 866-324-2661
• BOOK NOW DIRECT for The Thunderbird Inn’s Fall in Savannah deals!
• Use PROMO CODE: OCT64
Summer’s great, but we’ll admit it – we like Savannah best when our friends from the various colleges are here! And if you are a new or returning college student and don’t know the Thunderbird Inn, well, there’s a cool surprise in your near future.
You see, you’re gonna want to show off your cool new hometown (that would be Savannah) and your cool new college (which could be SCAD, Savannah State, Armstrong Atlantic, Savannah Tech or any of the other academic institutions we have trouble keeping up with.) Invite your friends to visit so you can show off your great taste in geography and academia. It’s what weekends were invented for!
Old Savannah Tours headed to River Street
But there’s a downside of having your best friend from high school sleeping on your dorm room floor. And there’s a limit to how many people per square inch can occupy your apartment (remember all those roommates you have?) The solution? The Thunderbird Inn, the hippest hotel in Savannah!
2012 Telly Silver Award for Thunderbird Inn's "Dog Days In Historic Savannah"
We don’t have a red carpet – but if we did, we’d be walking it! Two videos produced for the Thunderbird Inn have received two prestigious Telly Awards. See, we’ve been telling you we were “the hippest hotel in Savannah”!
The Telly Awards are not a household name, unless you are in a business that involves producing or running commercial or Internet video. But within that large and growing industry, the Telly is the top! Continue reading →
Retro hotel's pet lover visits Savannah City Market retro art gallery that is pet-friendly, too!
In the American South, how retro can you go on a single vacation? Without a functioning time machine, what wonderful amenities from the traveling past can you experience for the first time, rediscover with delight, or introduce your children to?
It seems the Brown’s folks are impressed by our retro style and our budget philosophy – and who wouldn’t be? Our circa-1964 classic roadside motel is as true to its era as anything you’ll find in historic Savannah. Our rooms are clean, fresh and charming – plus they’re amenity-rich. We’ve added just enough of today to keep your yesteryear experience sharp, with things like Wi-Fi throughout the Thunderbird. Pick one of our deluxe king rooms and you’ll enjoy such features as streaming Netflix and a Wii game system. All this for a price that won’t break the budget! Plainly, it’s no accident that we’re known as Savannah’s hippest hotel.
So thanks, Brown’s Guide, for noticing what we do. Keeping the history, but dumping the stuffy part – that’s us! We’re not like everybody else. We like that about ourselves.